Monday, June 25, 2012

Proud of Myself

I was able to check off another box on my bucket list this week. I completed my first half-marathon! I know this isn't a big deal to some people but it's a pretty big accomplishment for me. As anyone who is reading this knows - I had a baby less than a year ago. And, not only did I have a baby but I had the pleasure of going through 24 hours of labor, having a c-section and then having the additional pleasure of experiencing some pretty painful complications. My recovery took forever and 7 or 8 months ago I wasn't sure I'd ever physically feel the same as I did before I got pregnant. So this half-marathon proves that although motherhood has changed me in many ways, it has not limited my physical capabilities! So that makes me a happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

Puckett Family HQ | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012